Consider this an online phone book for small business owners and leaders. Some lists are more serious, others are more fun… Let’s start with the government.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The EEOC provides a comprehensive overview for small businesses and contacts to their Small Business Liaisons.
- United States Department of Labor
- The DOL offers forms, information and quick links to “Top 20 Requested Items” and “People Are Asking” which is their FAQ’s.
- Bureau of Statistics
- The Bereau offfers statistical information on wages, hiring trends, accidents and more.
- The Occupational Safety & Health Administration, provides State Run Programs listings, Small Business Resources, as well as, employee rights and complaint mechanisms.
- Business Continuity and Recovery “Plan to Stay in Business”
The Internal Revenus Service is a good link to know. As tax laws continue to change and the IRS becomes more involved with Small Businesses and Health Care, we need to keep current on our obligations. In the unfortunate event that you do get audited, they also offer this video for small business owners.
- Unemployment Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance is regulated by the Federal Department of Labor, but in provided by each state and determined by state laws and requirements. The DOL offers information and listings by state.
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workers’ Compensation is another area regulated federally, but administered by the states. The DOL offers an overview and list of local offices.
- Business.gov is a great place to start for business questions, legal compliance information and state and local listings for employers.
- Healthcare is the biggest cause for concern in our country. How will it impact Small Business? What are the options and new laws? There is also a link regarding Small Business Tax Credits.
Employee Morale and Engagement Boosting
- Recess at Work
- Doesn’t that just sound fun? Try a quick recess, it can do wonders!